Saturday, March 6, 2010

we ran away . . .

to another Doo Wop concert last night. I had a tough time looking at all the old folks in the audience and realizing they were most probably the same vintage as the 9TS and I. Gaw!

We still had fun. Before the main event, this little kidlet did a couple of songs. She being a mere 13 years old. Wowsers. You may recognize her from the David Foster and Friends, PBS special.

But the real reason we were there was because we are old enough to remember The Lion Sleeps Tonight by the Tokens and they were the headliners. For those of you under 60, that would be this little ditty. Let me tell you, they are a lot older and grayer now too but still have their pipes!

They got a standing O from the geriatric set and the 9TS and I were happy campers. It's fun to run away.

2 comments:

Anke said...

I would have loved it too :)
Did you hear anything yet?

Kelli said...

ah weemawop
ah weemawop
ah weemawop

Jealous! :o)