Wednesday, April 27, 2011

or why i craft . . .

when we were in Antigua, we wandered out of the main shopping district to get more of a flavor for the town.  On the fringe, we found a tiny dress shop run by an older woman.  I was intrigued by a two piece pants/loose top outfit and tried it on.  As a one size fits all, it fit very well.  Comfy, islandy. cool.  I inspected the garment, looking for fabric content and washing instructions and found none.  I asked the woman if she had made it and she nodded her assent with a shy smile.  At less than $30 I knew it was going home with me.

Now as I am oft to do, I have worn the top several times but had yet to wear the bottoms.  When I pulled them out earlier in the week to check them out, to my surprise, I realized they had horrible bleach stains on one leg.
Since I hadn't worn them yet, let alone put them anywhere near the laundry room, they must have come that way and I had not noticed.  I weighed my options.  Since $27 was not a lot of money, I could just cut my losses and enjoy my top or I could shorten the pants and make them more capri like or . . . I could enlist the help of my black Slick Writer . . .  a permanent pen made for writing on all sorts of slick surfaces such as plastic, metal, etc.   And so I went to work . . .


While not perfect, I doubt if anyone is going to be down on their hands and knees inspecting the inside hem of my pant leg.  At least I hope not.

Just another reason for why I craft.  Snort!!!!

1 comment:

Anke said...

you did a fabulous job, I couldn't tell! That would have been my approach too, those pens are awesome! :)