Wednesday, November 16, 2011

finally . . .

When Bear and Ninja first arrived, we had sheers on the window that ran along the side of the front door.  It didn't take the little devils long to figure out that they could wiggle their respective noses around, and nudge the curtains far enough to one side to peek out at the world.  And peek they did.  About a month later, I realized that they had also discovered . . . these curtains . . . which came with the house, were rotted from sun and age and they could stand up on their hind feet and rip through the weakened fabric.  Off with the curtains and a quick trip to Joann's.

That was four years ago.  The bag full of fabric sat around for four long years.  Today, I finally hauled it out, made a template from roofers paper and made the replacements.  Never, EVER, will I do that again.  Its been too long since I horsed around with sheers.  They slip and slide, they don't cut evenly.  They are just plain miserable. Or, maybe, I am just plain miserable.  I'm betting on the latter.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Anyway, they are up.  And what is the very first thing that happens?  A little nose tries to nudge them out of the way so she can peek at the world at large.  I wonder how long these will last.
God bless Pippin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Viva la Pippin!