Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sergeant Preston . . .

OK, along with his sneaker fetish, the 9TS likes hats.  All kinds.  He leans mostly toward brimmed hats with the brim worn in the back.  But all types of chapeaus are welcome in his collection.  Did I mention the hat that followed him home from the Caribbean . . . the one sporting attached dread locks?  I thought not.

But yesterday, he was running low on T's so we made a pilgrimage to Old Navy.  Since my body and the Old Navy prototype are polar opposites, I cruised around the men's department searching for goodies for the sloth.  I hit the big Kahuna.  At first look, he thought I had lost my mind and walked away, but I had planted the seed.   He wandered back and tried it on.  Perfecto.  With no more arm twisting, it made it to the checkout counter and I was regaled with stories of how he used to wear one back home in the Jersey winters, as a fledgling cop.

I now present Klondike Sloth.  King of the Yukon!!

In other news, I made a big ol' tender pot roast last night with taters, onions and carrots.  There wasn't a lot left over.  Slurp.  But I did siphon off the last bits of goodness and stash them in the fridge.  When I offered the tasty orts to Kidlet, she turned me down, "My refrigerator is a dead zone," said she.  "It's like a cemetery for  food."  And then I remembered being of the age where things grew fur in the depths of my refrigerator.  I will eat it for lunch tomorrow instead.

And last but not least, I was fiddling with Photoshop again yesterday afternoon and dug up some shots to match a flamingo Katie Pertiet was offering amongst her new weekly goodies.

Credits:  Template, Flamingo Blendable, Stitching:  Katie Pertiet, Paper: Lynn Grieveson, Dots:  Anna Aspnes, Date Stamp:  Dawn Inskip, Beads: Vinnie Pearce, Fonts:  Eccentric STD and Honey Script.

Other than that, it was quiet in the cave.  Just as it should be.

2 comments:

Sue said...

He looks ready for what we call Winter here in FL!

Unknown said...

Klondike King! LOL! Looks great on 9TS! Love your flamingo LO! I heart flamingos,