Sunday, December 11, 2011

the grocery list . . .

so Kelli sent me a link to Proud Italian Cook.  Slurp.  I have been there before and drooled myself silly just reading.  Those zucchini boats along with this chicken, are going on my menu for this coming week.  I mean seriously, what's not to love about marinated grilled chicken breasts topped with fresh mozzarella, basil and a thick slice of tomato, drizzled with a balsamic reduction.  Or maybe fontina or goat cheese.  OK, Kidlet, you can have plain chicken.  Sigh.

I'm also making up a mess of baked ziti.  It won't be as good as normal since we have been out of the 9TS's marinara for quite some time.  But still, it is ooey, gooey good and cheesy.  Maybe I will have to get the sloth to coach me in Marinara 101.  I have the recipe, I just don't have his touch.

We're going to chow down on some hot spaghetti topped with a cold medley of diced fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and fresh ground pepper, served with warm ciabatta bread.

And since Kidlet will be home, a little corned beef and cabbage in her honor.
The other nights will be either in Tampa, at Carrabba's or take out.  It will be a low cook week.

But speaking of Kidlet's impending arrival, I found new additions on the chalk board in the kitchen when she left last week:  Raspberry Tea, Nutella, Grenadine, Cream Soda . . .   yes, my sweet toothed student has made her mark.

No comments: