We were invited to a complimentary dinner last night at Carrabba's by Kim, the owner. I'd guess there were 50+ people in attendance. I was fairly certain that the 9TS would not be wanting any part of a huge dinner with a bunch of strangers but he surprised the heck out of me and jumped at the chance. And as an extra perk, we were able to sit next to friends, Denny and Sue. Alrighty then . . . let the fun begin.
OMG, so much food. First course . . . after the flowing wino; Fried Calamari. Slurp. And then Fried Zucchini, Spiedino (shrimp and scallops), and Margherita Pizza. Main course: Beef Marsala, Polo Rosa Maria, Chicken Bryan, and for dessert, decadent chocolate bread pudding and ice cream. Did I mention the wine was flowing?
To top it all off, we left with goodie bags stuffed with a pitcher, two flavored syrups, a wine bottle opener, and a Carrabba's recipe book . . . not to mention a little special gift from Jen . . . peanut butter/chocolate fudge.
We rolled out of there. We are still rolling. Burp!
The thing that I love best . . . besides my new found love of Spiedino, is the warmth you feel entering the restaurant. Hope gave us a card explaining how we felt like family . . . does it get any better. Jen, Christina and Cole were waiting on us hand and foot but the thing is, it felt more like being in their home . . . of course if we were at Jen's, I could tie her down, pour her a drink and enjoy her company and let her enjoy.
So much for MMEL. It's a temporary thing.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment