Thursday, December 29, 2011

Miata mayhem . . .

I had arranged to meet my granddaughter and DIL at the eye doctor's to have Kaitlyn's eyes checked and order her new contacts.  A belated Christmas present. 

As soon as I pulled into a parking spot, I knew something was iffy with my poor little Miata.  After 13 years, it was having a nervous breakdown.  It was stalling, huffing, puffing and trying to throw itself into the car in front of us.  Not good.  Each time I turned it on, it leapt forward and died.  The last time, it lurched unreasonably close to the much larger fender in front of it.  I had visions of having to visit the car orthodontist for a grill replacement. My insurance company would not have been happy but gratefully, it stopped inches from disaster.  When that car departed, I tried to coax my little Miata into its spot.  Lurch, crunch, lurch, squeal.

And so I called:

home. and asked for moral support and a ride.

my mechanic only to remember he was off this week.

another mechanic and they could take me.

AAA and they sent Tony and a flatbed to the rescue.

My car pulled into the repair shop right behind the 9TS and I.  It hurt looking at my baby on that big old truck . . . sort of reminded me of a Tonka toy.  Sigh.

Several hours later, with the 9TS banned from driving, Kidlet dropped me off to pick up my now not so ailing automobile.  YAY!!!

I understand that I have been really lucky to have had that car for so long with only one other problem in all these years, but I it still hurt to see it being hauled around like some lifeless carcass.

No comments: