So Joanie and I were sitting in La's at our usual spot gabbing about this and that last Tuesday when the conversation moved on to Florida Hospital, where her father is currently recuperating from this and that. I was telling her, that it was . . . before being taken over by the Seventh Day Adventists . . . the best heart hospital in the area. She was extolling the virtues of the nursing staff and doctors. We agreed, if you have to be feeling a little punk, it was the place to be.
In the course of our bantering, she mentioned the multiple renderings of Jesus on the walls of the hospital. And then it was said: in some of the pictures, Jesus was extremely good looking. I had to wait well into my 63rd year to hear the phrase 'Hot Jesus'. The sound emitted from my mouth was somewhere between a choking on a soda that went down too fast and that nervous twitter that strikes when you aren't quite sure how to respond to something. Whatever, it had its desired effect and Gron and Michelle popped out to see what was up.
The conversation morphed into which very good looking actors had been chosen to play Jesus over the years, with Joanie, recounting the shock and confusion she felt at age eleven, that indeed, the Jesus beaming down from the big screen was . . . shall we say, "HOT".
So I did some digging and came up with a who's who:
And it's true. Even though in reality, Jesus was probably smaller in stature and darker skinned, those portraying him are HOT, HOT, HOT. It makes for a very stressful conundrum.
If you're ever in town, come join us at La's, you never know what will come out of our mouths, and as my mother is right now probably spinning in her grave, I will extricate myself from this conversation and bid you all adieu . . .
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I guess I wasn't religious enough. "Hot Damn" was my phrase. Your's makes much more sense AND the pics prove it!!!
Imagine what we might come up with if we had wine with lunch.
I thought I saw wine glasses in some of the lunch pictures BUT.....
WC
Post a Comment