Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Robin and I never do things according to a preconceived schedule, so today we had our bi-annual birthday luncheon at the culinary academy of our local college.  I had never done this before but let me tell you, I will be on their doorstep again in the very near future.  Reservations are necessary and menu's change every couple of days:

Wednesday & Thursday

September 26 & 27 


Appetizer image

French Onion Soup
Our version of the classic broiled with three cheeses

Antipasto Salad
Artisan Italian cured meats, cheeses, roasted vegetables and olives

Entree image

French Dip Sandwich
Shaved New York Strip steak dipped Au Jus on crusty French bread and served with hand cut French fries

Bang Bang Shrimp Salad
Tempura fried shrimp tossed in a sweet and spicy chili sauce and served over crisp Asian style vegetables and fresh greens. Served with an Asian vinaigrette

Tomato and Fresh Spinach Tart
Layers of tomato, fresh spinach and three cheeses baked in a flaky tart shell. Served with fresh vegetables

Pan Roasted Breast of Chicken with Truffle Butter
Tender breast of chicken pan-roasted with truffle butter and served over mashed potatoes with natural gravy and fresh vegetables

dessert

Ask Your Server for Today’s Fresh Made Selection Prepared by our Pastry Students!

Let's just say that the french onion soup, the chicken with truffle butter and not two but three desserts were scrumptious!!!!

Pecan cheesecake:
Black Forest Cake:
Apple Pie:
Robin and I just before the our respective food comas set in:
But we weren't done, we hopped upstairs to the photography exhibit and wandered around looking at 1920's era photos of the area.

A great way to spend the afternoon.  Thanks, Robin.  You are a good friend and I am lucky to have you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another happy post!! Love it. :)

Paula

Sue said...

Yaknow, I really hate it when you make me drool on my keyboard first thing in the morning!

Unknown said...

Wow! Awesome presentations there! Looks wonderful!