
The great debate is whether or not Snoop is a frantic soul because he was feral for too long before he came to us or because he's just naturally 'high strung'. At the vet's he is known as "he who walks on the ceiling," but I digress. We have fleas. Well, not I but Bru, Moak and Snoop. Applying Advantage to Bru and Moak is quick work. But Snoop has to be dosed first. If he smells it on the rest of the clan, he hides for days. He also needs his nails clipped. Desperately. So today I decided to sneak a little "mickey" into his treat and kill two birds with one stone. He took the bait. Now to wait until his pupils get large and he starts to lose his natural coordination and turn quite loopy. . . and manageable. He is a blood brother with the tech at the vet, not a club I want to join. I thought he was ready. He wasn't. Either the pills are too old or like a recalcitrant child, I will find the spit out pill in some out of the way place. I tried my best but he is only half dosed. I hope the fleas get the message and move elsewhere. The nails will wait for a trip to the vet. And yes his file is marked "caution" in big red letters. He is indeed smarter than I.
No comments:
Post a Comment