Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rainy Day Goodness

Happy, happy day. It is cold and rainy! I know it sounds odd but when you live in monochromatic weather, blue gets boring. A little gray now and then is the perfect thing. As I stand at my window listening to the tattoo of the lingering rain and watching the wetness soak hungrily into the earth, the window starts to blur from the warmth of my breath. Perfect. A great day to stay inside and putter. The options are endless. I am curled up in bed with an extra fleece blanket with plenty of company to keep me occupied until Frank wakes. Maok is snuggled at my feet trapping in the warmth, Snoop has lodged himself along my side and Bru has wiggled his old body under the covers to nest under the bend in my knees. Visions of Swiss Mocha waft through my brain but I don't want to disturb the peace. It can wait.

And Katie is coming home. Just for the night but she is stressed and looking for the solace of her own room. How wonderful to live where someone comes to feel safe.

It's a good day to look at the small things and be thankful.

1 comment:

Scrappersher said...

I look forward to gloomy days...it reminds me of my childhood up north. I also love gloomy days to just stay home and catch up.