It is a time to reflect, a time to give thanks, a time of anticipation. Our family was blessed this past year in big ways and small. Katie's depression almost capsized her life again as she juggled the stress of track, finals, IB and and life as a 17 year old. But she survived for which no words can explain how truly thankful I am. And she grew. She entered college under her own steam and has not only survived a new environment but thrived. She is happier than I have seen her in years. Enough so that she, with approval from her doctor, has weaned herself off her meds and flying free. May she continue on her journey with this fresh breeze under her wings.
And smaller joys came her way: Six months after taking her IB finals while slogging through the depths of depression and missing one exam, news came that she was granted her degree. I am grateful for her advisor who kept plugging away at the system to make this a reality. And to the little Mauian who sends her goodie boxes to welcome her to college and cheer her through finals. Thank you Leonore, for being you!! For a chance to run in the Texas Relays, for the perfect graduation dress, for a cat named Moaky, for new friends and old, for joy and life.
And Frank survived melanoma , a broken hand, and putting up with me! Tomorrow will be our 10th anniversary. When the cancer scared us, I realized that while I have loved him from the beginning, I love him more as the years roll by. Imagine!
I am thankful that we are all three together, healthy and happy. That God had been good to us. That we have love and strength among us. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions because I am so bad at keeping them but this year I have decided to make a life change instead and learn to take better care of my body and soul. To find and nourish the good things and let go of the bad. My wish for all of you my friends, at the beginning of this new year, is Peace where ever you may find it and with whomever.
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is beautiful.
Post a Comment