Monday, January 22, 2007

Under the category of trash to treasure. . .



















Destined for the trash bin, I found an old stained, damp, wrought iron bench. Man, did I snatch that in a NY minute. Spent Saturday afternoon tearing it apart, cleaning it up and reupholstering it with some left over fabric from the living room cornice boards, and now I have a new bench. Do I love it? EEK. No. I will give it a few weeks to see if it grows on me. If not, the bench part is coming off and a glass top is going on and I will have a new table. I really did do the majority of work myself and have the sore fingers to prove it but when it came to screwing the seat back onto the frame I had to call in the troops. I love the help squad around here. Thank you Frank and Bru!

No comments: