Tuesday, October 16, 2007

happy, happy, happy

now it's not that a lot of you didn't already know this but I am a dork . . . especially when it comes to computer programs . . . specifically PSE4. I bought the program two years ago and I still am fumbling around with it . . . countless times, I have thrown my hands in the air, screamed expletives and come milli-seconds from deleting the entire program. This compounded by a very low frustration tolerance level does not make for a good learning environment and yes, I even bought Scott Kelbey's book.

Ok, so I can fix my teeth, remove 10 years worth of wrinkles, instantly remove the gray hair, but I cannot make a digital layout. Having been a paper scrapper for years, I was curious about digital. I would settle for semi digital . . . hybrid . . a single transparent flourish . . . anything. So when I saw a plug for Jessica Sprague's digital course for beginners, I thought what the heck, what is the worst that can happen . . . can she really expel me? Could I be made to stand in the corner with a dunce cap on? Sent to the principal? I signed up.
Well, good grief . . . one lesson down and I completed a layout. Alright, I admit we started with a predone background but I actually inserted a photo, learned text, added a grunge frame . . . did I mention I love anything grunge? . . . added an element and learned to save it to the web:
Ta da!!!!


This is the coolest thing since sliced bread . . . way cooler. I am giddy . . . doing my tippy tap dance. Will I give up paper . . . no way. Will I forge ahead with digital. Absolutely.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm so proud of you for not giving up! And the layout is gorgeous! I'm still fumbling my way along too, maybe we can be there to help each other!