Thursday, October 4, 2007

life lists . . .

Ali Edwards posted about life lists. Lists of things you want to accomplish in your life. Being a hairs breath away from 60, I have decided to go in the opposite direction. Things I have already done in my life, people I have met, life defining moments, places I have been, remembrances. Yes, I still have things I want to do but the scales of time have tipped. I have the perfect journal for this, got it last year and tucked it away. But here are some snippets off the top of my head and in no particular order except for number one:

  • Given birth to the most amazing creature with the most amazing soul
  • Been yelled at in german, in germany by an irate german and have no idea why
  • dumped a motorcycle
  • survived college in the late 60's
  • awoken in a sleeping bag covered with slugs
  • stood overlooking a volcano
  • been spelunking
  • hitch hiked through the british isles
  • made skunk cabbage bouquets for my mother
  • found a dead man in a basement
  • gone to boarding school
  • swished down dunn's river falls
  • found a giant sloth vertebrae at a dig
  • gone to the men's room in holland when we couldn't find a ladies room
  • walked on a glacier
  • had a snow ball fight in august on the continental divide
  • sailed a snark in a thunder storm . . . not the brightest thing I have ever done
  • stood six feet from queen elizabeth

to be continued . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before...and I'm saying it again: you NEED to write a book!!

Or, at the very least, share more about these experiences...especially the story of the dead man in the basement!!!

Anonymous said...

(a) aww about number one
(b) why have i not heard more of these stories? and does this mean i get a first copy of that book with author's signature??? =)

jeanne said...

Most of these were before your time little girl but you were standing next to me on the volcano and the vertebrae was on a shelf in the living room along with the giant tooth for years. Remember show and tell with Mrs. Wyland???

Anonymous said...

I remember the tooth (and I thought my wisdom were bad...) and I really hadn't realized that it was a volcano and not a mountain (we FL children are a little slow when it comes to anything bigger than a ditch lol), but what about the slug blanket and the dead man in the cellar? These I've never heard of =) Haha, unless you mean the time I managed to flip myself upside down in the garage and you thought I was dead. ;] Always the little trickster.

Anonymous said...

OK, the first one made me cry. I envy women who have wonderful mother-daughter relationships.

The rest of them. Ummm...details!

Sue

Anonymous said...

I want a signed copy of this book too! I love your blog, Jeanne! I wish I lived closer so I could come bug you for stories all the time!

Michelle