yep . . . I signed up at a gym again. I was forced into it when reality hit me on the head . . . literally . . . I had slithered off the far side of Katie's bed, trying to fetch something, and got trapped . . . . head on the floor . . . I had no arm strength to get myself up and I was wedged between the bed and the wall. What happened to the sanctity of the cave? Oh the shame.
Now my romance with "the gym" has never been particularly successful. I just can't find the perfect match. The last attempt was the worst . . . where the "slug", me, and Brunhilda the Beast, my trainer . . . failed to see eye to eye on my progress. Yes, I am motivated and yes I want to get back into shape but my idea of a good time is not being pushed until my breakfast threatens an encore or I am so dizzy I walk into walls. There has to be a happy medium. Brunhilda and I divorced . . . it was messy.
So I go cry on the shoulder of the owner of my old gym. It is within walking distance, the average age is ancient so I fit right in, (no more perky little things flouncing around showing camel toes and aureoles) . . . and he promises I can get back in shape without being ripped limb from limb by a Brunhilda look a like.
I have now completed session three and am a happy camper. Yes, I wake up the next morning with an anatomy lesson pointing out some lesser used muscles but it is all good. I can do this . . . I can do this . . yes I can.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes you can! I've started a new relationship myself: the elliptical and I have started seeing each other again. It thinks I complain too much, and I think it shouldn't hurt me everytime I see it. I wonder if there will be a happily ever after?
Yay, Jeanne! As soon as my aches and pains clear up, I'm back to Curves. I'm up to my pre-WW weight again, and I hate it.
Yay for you! I've been going to work early and walking the strip mall. It's only a half mile but it's more than I was doing and I figure it's a start. Not sure I'll get past the "start" though but I'm trying! lol
Michelle
Post a Comment