Thursday, March 27, 2008

and so it goes . . .

you know how sometimes one thing leads to another and then another and it all starts to snowball until it's huge? Frank is feeling the effects of the new fridge. He is not happy. He is so not happy he is escaping to work for the next three days. Snort!

It all started off innocently enough. I mean all our other appliances were black . . . now the new fridge is black. And I have had this thing for a black and white kitchen ever since we checked out the new Martha Stewart home here in town. So with all black appliances and not being able, right now, to flip for a total cabinet redo, the most feasible thought was to repaint the kitchen. He offered. It was his big mouth. So yesterday and today, he's been painting the kitchen WHITE. Hooray. I love it. Lord knows, I hated the old color. It was a cross between rotten pumpkin and pureed carrots, neither of which are particularly appealing in their own right.

One of the reasons a black and white kitchen is so appealing is that with such a basic color palette, I can use almost any color as an accent and it won't cost an arm and leg every time I get antsy and want a change . . . He having already announced this is THE LAST TIME he ever intends to paint the *$#@&#@ kitchen.

Accent #1 is going to be red . . . bright screaming fire engine red . . . I found some red and white kitchen towels, red place mats, a black and white apron (it'll hang on the wall from a hook near the stove when not in use). I spent this evening dragging the poor man through Linen's and Things and Bed, Bath and Beyond. At this point in time he is very, very sorry our old fridge gave up the ghost . . .

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh how exciting! Will there be pictures to share???

And my kitchen cabinets and trim and crown molding need painting. Do you think you could hire Wilson out to me?