Wednesday, March 12, 2008

????

DAY 1. (A little background . . . all three beasties get a treat in the morning . . . half of one of those small cans of cat/kitten food. The rest of the time, they are self feeders, chowing down on Science Diet. But Snoop is my picky eater and will only eat two varieties of canned cat food: Fancy Feast Beef or Chicken Livers. Nothing else will do. I swear, he would starve before another wet food touched his lips. Good thing he likes his dry food.) Sunday I inadvertently bought Chopped Chicken Livers instead of non-chopped and true to form, he turned his nose up at it. Not the kittens, after finishing their own treat in a separate room, it was food frenzy when they discovered what Snoop had left behind. Food Glorious Food! They were ecstatic.

DAY 2. The other half of the chopped chicken liver goes on the kittens plate while Snoop goes back to his regular diet. They are happy campers, circling me as I climb the stairs with their plate, tails twitching and verbally chastising me to hurry up.

DAY 3. I open the last of the offensive cans to give to the kittens and as I bend over to change their water, Ninja is so excited she is leaping up and down trying to land on my back. Pretty high hopes for a small beastie. I bent over again to see if it was a fluke. Nope. She is so desperate to get her new found munchies, she tries again to hop on my back. Silly beastie. Up the stairs we go again to the tune of many mirrups, meows and other cat noises. As I bend over once again, to put their plate on the floor, Ninja does her leaps again before nestling into her grub. Ya gotta wonder what goes on in that pea brain of hers.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Mine can't eat wet food. Messes up their tummies and they leave...ahhh..."gifts" for mama to clean up. They get Whisker Lickin's treats every day. One each from mama and one each from dad!

Maybe Ninja should run away and join the circus?!

Anonymous said...

Animals are funny people indeed!!

Paula