Monday, August 11, 2008
Shamelessly begging . . .
As I mentioned before, my buddy Kelli, is in training for a three day, 60 mile, fund raising walk-a-thon to benefit the Susan G. Komen breast cancer fund this coming November. While this is something I would not normally post on my blog, it is something near to my heart . . . and because it touches so many, I am shamelessly begging. If you can, please donate. If you can't, a simple prayer will do or even good thoughts for those who face this struggle and for those that work so hard to find a cure. My mother survived breast cancer, only to succumb ten years later to ovarian cancer at 44. I was just 13. Cancer in all forms is devastating. Please won't you help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry you lost your mom at such a young age, how devastating that must have been. What a wonderful thing your friend is doing! We have those marathons in our area also, I hope they will be helpful.
Btw., I fixed that LO on my blog. You are supposed to be nosy!!
I sure say this alot to you, but...
Thank you my friend.
(((((((((Jeanne)))))))))
I just don't know how I managed this life before I knew you.
Post a Comment