Monday, September 22, 2008

Layout number 5 . . .

This is number 5 out of the 6 layouts we did or in my case, are still doing for Type+Writer. Lest you read this weeks assignment on my layout and think me deprived, while I did lose my mother, with whom I had a not so wonderful relationship, at an early age, I was raised by my father, the last of the all-American good guys . . . how's that for a run on sentence. He was my sounding board until we lost him some ten years ago. He was my rock, my voice of reason, my mentor, my strength. Sometimes I think he only relinquished his ancient body from this world because he knew I was safe in Frank's hands. So weep not, my life was full of awesome love and continues to be so.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You know that moment in a movie where there is stunned silence and then someone stands up and starts the slow clap-clap-clap and everyone joins in? That sound you hear is my clapping. Amazing seems too trite to use but Jeanne, this is truly an amazing layout. Kudos and hugs to you, my friend, kudos and hugs.

Anonymous said...

Jeanne,
You are an amazing blogger. Your story? Even more amazing! It is what makes you who you are today. Bravo for your life that reflects a person who was able to grow from those experiences and move on with a heart so filled with love for your own Dad, your daughter and for Frank, too. You, my friend are truly blessed.

Paula

Anke said...

what an amazing page! I love it Jeanne!

Scrappersher said...

I think this is not only a great layout but a wonderful story to go with it....very well written also. I must add though that I am glad that you recognized that even though your Mom hurt you with words, she truly could not have meant what she said. Sometimes Mom's just get frustrated but they always love their children.