When I was 10 in the 50's, turning 60 was just too old to fathom.
When I was 20 in the 60's turning 60 would be a stroke of shear unimaginable luck.
When I was 30 in the 70's turning 60 never crossed my mind.
When I was 40 in the 80's turning 60 meant having a 20 year old in my heart.
When I was 50 in the 90's turning 60 was right around the corner; time to be shared with my husband.
Having turned 60 in 2008 I am shocked and delighted to still be around. What a wonderful trip this has been. At times a wild ride without a seat belt. Sometimes mellow but most often cacophonous. Though I have taken a few wrong turns in this journey, I would not backtrack . . not even once. I would not have missed all the nuances this life has offered. For all the adventure . . for all the love, for all the pain, hallelujah . . . it feels good to be 60.
When I was 20 in the 60's turning 60 would be a stroke of shear unimaginable luck.
When I was 30 in the 70's turning 60 never crossed my mind.
When I was 40 in the 80's turning 60 meant having a 20 year old in my heart.
When I was 50 in the 90's turning 60 was right around the corner; time to be shared with my husband.
Having turned 60 in 2008 I am shocked and delighted to still be around. What a wonderful trip this has been. At times a wild ride without a seat belt. Sometimes mellow but most often cacophonous. Though I have taken a few wrong turns in this journey, I would not backtrack . . not even once. I would not have missed all the nuances this life has offered. For all the adventure . . for all the love, for all the pain, hallelujah . . . it feels good to be 60.
4 comments:
No matter the age.....it looks
g-o-o-o-d on YOU!!!
Paula
A very happy birthday wish to you!
Happy Happiest of Birthdays to you, Jeanne! I have to say that, at 52, I am certainly much more content with my life and who I am than I ever was before. So I am looking forward to what the next years bring!
Happy Happy Birthday my friend!
Post a Comment