Sunday, October 25, 2009

what's not to like about . . .

tomatoes, garlic, basil and fresh mozzarella. Oh, and some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. NOTHING! I was watching Ina Garten the other day and she was making this Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad. So you know I had to try it. I checked out the comments first and bought a loaf of stick bread, sliced it and popped it under the broiler until crisp. Tomatoes in this neck of the woods are pathetic. Tasteless. But as promised, the slow roasting did the trick. Since I was just cooking for the 9TS and myself, I halved the recipe. I could have made the full serving but would have had to waddle around for hours until I was comfortable again . . . it was sooooo good. A definite "do again". I also would have taken a picture but somehow, it was inhaled before the thought crossed my mind. Oh, glorious yum.

Now, as soon as there is room, we are having Shrimp Aioli for dinner. The garlic is going to be permeating out our pours. Does life get any better?

2 comments:

Sue said...

You should try Campairi tomatoes. Sold in a clear clamshell at Publix. Smaller, but oh so good. I won't buy any others now. These are especially good roasted with oilve oil and garlic. Not that you like garlic or anything!

www.sunsetproduce.com

Anke said...

that sounds yummy Jeanne! I love tomatoes and mozzarella myself. I need to try this. You made my stomach growl :)