Why is it that each doctor has his own version of what tests are required prior to popping out my recalcitrant gall bladder? My PCP ordered the original ultrasound and the CT scan. Ok, no biggie. Then the GI guy ordered a Hyda-Scan, a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. I'm still game.
Then, somehow, I ended up with another doctor in the same practice. He decided he also wanted a Gastric Emptying Scan. A what? At least this time, they gave me fair warning . . . 2.5 hours for completion.
So there I was this morning, fasting since the night before and a tad grumpy. But not for long. They made me a scrambled egg sandwich . . . with a little something something hidden within and told me to pick out a movie. The tech was such an accommodating soul. I don't think I will ever tire of listening to the score of West Side Story. Two hours later, I was a little stiff but none the worse for wear. And out the door snapping my fingers to the Jet Song.
Now who'd a thunk the radiology department would flip for breakfast and a movie . . . with a warm blanket to boot? I think I'll just order two tickets for Saturday night . . .
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds almost like fun!! I have no idea what all the stuff is they ordered.I hope everything came out okay for you!!!
Post a Comment