Sunday, November 22, 2009

I am thankful . . .

The grocery shopping is all done in preparation for Thanksgiving . . . undeniably my favorite holiday of the year.

There is just nothing better than having the family seated around the table . . . although it will be cockeyed in the dining room since that is the only position that will handle all of the leaves. No one seems to mind the odd angle, or the squishing behind and over other chairs to find their own, or the fact that once they are seating there is no moving until the meal is done because everyone is so wedged in and the few extra pounds that have sneaked in around each waist don't help.

I love the politically incorrect stuffing made in the bird. Sorry, it just tastes so much better and I haven't sent anyone home recently with ptomaine. And gravy . . . I have to make a double portion. I think someone . . . eyeballing Katie . . . sucks it up through a straw. All the other goodies: the actual turkey, ham, peas, grilled asparagus, salad, beets, deviled eggs, hot rolls and butter, all the chips and dip, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and brownies are beside the point. Just let me at the stuffing and gravy. Oh, and the apple crisp, fresh out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream. I have my eyes on that too.

But the best thing . . . the VERY best thing . . . is having family here. So Happy Thanksgiving one and all. May Thursday bring you health, happiness and that warm fuzzy feeling that tells you down deep, life is good.

Oh, and Kel, there is always room for one more.

5 comments:

HiHo, the Duck said...

Oh oh, Kelly's coming?!

joanieb147 said...

Oh yes yes yes, stuffing IN THE BIRD, and gravy...and family! Enjoy, enjoy!!

Kelli said...

What does she mean, "uh oh Kelli's coming?????????????" I dont' eat that much! Sheesh!!!!!!

;o)

HiHo, the Duck said...

No no no, that was an excited "oh oh". Which means you're coming, right?!?!

Kelli said...

I wish! We could stuff ourselves, take a nap and then go take pictures of funky stuff!