Yesterday we camped out at the vets. We had to move Snoop's appointment for his sonogram up two weeks. He is barely eating. He now only weighs in at 8 point something pounds. And when I dropped off the very drugged up little beastie, I asked to talk to the vet about Moak whose puffed up little face and mostly closed right eye are not looking any better. She asked me to bring him back in when I picked up Snoop.
An hour later, she called with the results of Snoops test. He has thickened intestines and she suggests Inflammatory Bowel Disease or it could be cancer. (cancer sucks) He has a bladder stone, an enlarged spleen, and benign cysts on his right kidney and liver. He is now on high doses of prednisone. Hopefully it really is IBD and this will do the trick. At 15 and being the freak that he is, I will not put him through the surgery to confirm cancer.
Moak's medicines have changed. And she added prednisone to his regime. He refused to take his two pills in the office. Spat them out three times each. The poor vet told him to stop embarrassing her, be nice and swallow. Moak did not oblige.
I am thankful for a good vet. A kind vet. A empathetic vet.
I am also thankful for my next door neighbor Nancy, who knocked on our door bearing a still warm out of the oven, cinnamon and nut loaf, that I immediately slurped down. Then when we returned from the movies, I inhaled some more.
I have much to be thankful for. Have I mentioned Thanksgiving is my favorite season?
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment