this morning, before really being awake, I wandered downstairs having heard the 9TS rattling around. I glanced out the sliding door to the pool and spied Ninja and a squirrel each on different sides of the pool cage. It took my befuddled brain a few seconds before I realized what was wrong with the scene. The cat, apparently not Ninja, was on the outside of the screen and the squirrel was on the inside. Said cat really, really wanted that squirrel and the poor squirrel could not find the hole whence he had arrived in this predicament. Frantic beastie needed help.
Again, without thinking . . . not a forte of mine in the early hours . . . I opened the slider with the intent of opening a side pool door to let him escape. The ear splitting wail reminded me that I had forgotten to disconnect the alarm system. I'm sure the neighbors loved that.
Once outside I opened the door but now the critter was beyond terrified. Cat on one side, human in with him. ACK! I had to herd him toward freedom. He finally raced out, chattering and cussing the entire way, to the top most branch of the nearest tree. You're welcome squirrel.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment