Tuesday, January 19, 2010

the case of the missing . . .

yoga pants!

Last summer's yoga hiatus ended August 8th. And that morning found me frantically rummaging through the contents of my closet and bureau searching for my yoga pants. When they failed to make an appearance, I pleaded with the 9TS to go excavating through his closet. While that produced some long forgotten duds and a dusty cotillion gown . . . Katie's not his . . . there were no yoga pants. In desperation, I wore a pair of baggy tie pants.

Upon arriving home, I hunted in earnest. Tossing and amassing a pile of everything but the darn pants. Where were they?

They apparently eloped with the odd sock that went into the wash as a couple and came out divorced and newly single. They were never heard from again. It was sad.

Seven stores and 3,972 try-ons later, I found a pair that actually fit at Target. Happiness. I snatched up two pairs.

Fast forward to this morning. One of the two pairs was missing. I followed the drill. I even woke the visiting kidlet to see if she had seen the elusive knickers. She simply rolled her eyes and went back to sleep. After 21 years, she is no longer phased by me. Sigh.

Did I mention I even ran outside in my pj's and dumpster dived into our trashcan hoping to poke though the egg shells and molding marinara before the garbage men caught me? Embarrassing.

Wearing my backup pair, I trudged off to class bemoaning my mystification to my yoga bud, Joanie.

One point five hours, two cobras, three locusts, four storks, and various and sundry other members of the zoological species who attend my class with me, later, I was packing up my mats and to my utter amazement discovered the missing pants in the bottom of my bag. I had forgotten it was so cold last week, I had brought along a pair of jeans and changed in the bathroom before lunch. Oh happy day!!!!

My first pair however are still MIA. If you see them wandering down the street, would you please point them south? Thank you!

No comments: