Tuesday, January 12, 2010

namaste . . .

another day of sub freezing temperatures . . . another fire roaring on the hearth . . .

Today is yoga day. The heat was not working in our new digs. Fleece vests, socks and all types of other warm accouterments never left our bodies. Shavasa was cut short so we didn't freeze to the floor.

Conversation at our post lunch was much warmer. I love that three different women of relatively the same age bring such varying points of view to the table . . . pardon the pun. That a conversation can be had that may raise eyebrows but is never taken personally. I learn something every week from these women . . . perspectives . . . attitudes. Glimpses into pockets of their lives. I find it . . . frankly . . . enriching.

So as I sit drowsily in front of the fire, full of an eased spirit, a full stomach and a happy heart, I need to thank these women . . . these neighbors . . . these friends, who add to my life. Here's to Nancy and Joanie. Namaste!

2 comments:

Anke said...

and namaste to you!
It's great to have friends like that to gain different perspectives or just have fun conversations that won't turn into arguments! Good for you (and the yoga too)

joanieb147 said...

And thank YOU, Jeanne. You said it, so eloquently!