Sunday, January 10, 2010

rewind . . .

It is below freezing and the sun is out. I'm blaming Kelli; she's the one who ticked off Mother Nature. I'm thinking she needs to go make nice . . . snort!

All this graupel/snow/pellet/sleet *&^%$% is sitting on the 9TS's last nerve and when he gets unhappy, we are all unhappy. And of course it didn't help that there were eagle feathers all over the field last night. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

So I think I will just hit rewind and go back to week before last when Joanie and I hit the Farmer's Market. Just look at these goodies:



(and if the color is a little off, it might have been that someone forgot to change the setting from indoor light . . . I'm just saying . . . )

and these:



and for pure goodness, these:



and of course some tangerines:



and white eggplant:



and of course I had to have a glass of fresh squeezed juice. The oranges were picked the night before and juiced that morning. I wanted to take that lady home with me.

And homemade Biscotti, for the 9TS of course. Oh, and speaking of which . . . . scour your supermarket shelves for Nonni's Biscotti . . . . the Turtle variety . . . . manna from heaven . . . . a sweet little biscotto . . . singular of biscotti . . . layered with caramel and chocolate. Bliss.

Sigh, spring is coming. It is, isn't it Kel?!?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know she didn't have a sense of humor!!!!!! Sheesh!

Anke said...

yes, think happy thoughts :)
What's with the eagle feathers? And I love biscotti, especially the ones with chocolate:)

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I guess you are too young to remember 'It's not NICE to fool mother nature!' followed by a lightning bolt...

Unknown said...

I remember that! Wasn't that a butter commercial or something?

Well I wasn't really trying to tick her off.....I was ummmmm trying to ummmmmm ENCOURAGE her. Yeah, that's it!