sort of . . . I think I am way out of my league with the Adobe Illustrator 101 class. Not that Carina Gardiner isn't a fabulous instructor. She is. I blame it on dead brain cells. Lots and lots of dead brain cells. Particularly those lost in the late 60's and early 70's.
But I am muddling through. I am.
And while we are on the subject, let chat about 365/52/12. It ain't gonna happen. All the cells that are still alive are in revolt. They're discussing ways to shut me down if I even think about starting one of those projects.
365 they insist is just too mind boggling. There aren't enough of them to carry the load. It's not like they can call Kelly Services and hire temporary labor. They simply went into overload and fainted at the idea. Which meant of course that I slept.
52 I argued was manageable, no? They retaliated with well fine but it will take all my ram and I will lose my ability to remember simple tasks. They have done this to me before. I hate standing in front of the refrigerator wondering what I wanted. OK, scratch 52.
12. surely 12 is doable? They think not. They have enough problem remembering which day of the week it is. The thought of keeping track of 30 or 31 long enough to produce even one layout curls their toes. Curled toes = cluster migraines. I am familiar with cluster migraines. Don't want to go there.
And so it is that I am ruled by the unruly. Sabotaged by the inner machinations of my cerebral cortex. I must be content with my lot and thankful that they are hard at work on Ai 101.
Tippy tap, tippy tap . . . thud.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok, here's a suggestion: Just keep doing what you are doing, taking photos when you feel like it. Then, at the end of the year, see what you can scrap up. If you have one photo that would represent each month of the year especially well then take all those 12 and compile them into one beautiful book. And there, without having to work hard on it, you will have completed P12. Hep! :D
so how are you doing now that it's been a few more days with the Illustrator class? I'll probably be coming to you for help if I take it after the pen tablet class lol
Post a Comment