Thursday, January 28, 2010

a little of this . . . a little of that . . .

  • vinaigrette trial #1: Balsamic vinegar, EVOO, oregano, basil, salt, pepper. Took some getting used to. The balsamic vinegar is too strong for everyday use. And, of course, the garlic was missing. What was I thinking? No garlic!!!! The chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes and black olives were still delicious.
  • We ran errands this afternoon which included a trip to the fish market. I love that we can go eeney, meanie, miney, mo and pick out dinner not long from the sea. Not so much liking the fish laying in rows staring back at me. Creepy!!!! For the 9TS, seared sea scallops. For moi, fresh grilled swordfish lightly seasoned. Roasted acorn squash with brown sugar and a pair of baked taters. Good thing I have this odd little quirk that makes me love a good ole' plain naked tater. I will not be jealous when the 9TS slathers on the Land O' Lakes lite butter and the not so lite sour cream.
  • I think the heater has gone wonky. While we normally roast upstairs while getting frost bitten downstairs, the house is now virtually the same temperature all over. Hum! We have entered Oz.
  • Also bought some goodies for crafting today. Finally, I am getting closer to scratching that itch.

No comments: