blogs are by nature, a very self indulgent tool. I mean really . . . they assume that you have something of value to voice and indeed, many people do. All manner of facts, creativity, and awareness are shared. Blog hop and you will see what I mean.
But so are the meanderings of minds such as mine. Useless fluff bantering and clogging the bandwidths of cyberspace . . . internet flotsam and jetsam. And just why have I blogged for the last four years? I was pontificating about this a lunch on Tuesday. Gawd, I hope these women, these friends of mine, know when to tune me out.
I do it because it keeps Katie attached. It helps me focus by laying things out. It lets me leave a trail of tidbits I might never otherwise remember to share with my family . . . old stories, old photos . . . It satisfies that urge to write. Yes, it is self indulgence at its very best.
So if you read my blathering, thank you for indulging me. If you don't, don't worry . . . I get it.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is some mighty fine blathering.
Self-indulgence? Whatever....
just keep on keeping on!! Your blog makes me smile!! Really!!
Paula
Who are you kidding?!I love "listening" to you write.
I love, love, LOVE reading your blog!!!
Post a Comment