Monday, January 3, 2011

flu baby . . .

A plaintive phone call . . . I am sick, mom, can I come home?  But of course . . . you need ask? Several hours later, in comes a rather bedraggled, fevered, coughing, aching, and totally miserable college student who came home for some TLC before classes start on Wednesday.

Am I sympathetic? Do I smother her with her favorite foods? Do I pour medicine down her throat? Toss her in bed. Tuck her in? Yes, yes, yes and yes. But first . . . I take a picture of the poor child.
 I know,  totally mean mom, but I love her dearly and that counts for something.

4 comments:

joanieb147 said...

Sooooo sweet. Get well soon, Katie!

Anonymous said...

That's what Moms are for!! And you, my friend, are a good one!!
Paula

Samantha said...

You and my mom must have read the same book! She always used to take pictures of poor, sick me!

Unknown said...

Ah my baby came home from college last winter with the swine flu so I agree with all of the above......except I didn't take her picture. Hope she's better soon!