Friday, January 14, 2011

MMEL update . . .

The good news is that I have lost my Christmas pudge . . . about four pounds. I've been walking two miles almost every day and eating less . . . for the most part.

I have two friends along on this journey with me: Tinka and Kelli. Tinka is the perfect cheer leader. "We not only CAN do this….we WILL do this!!"
Yes we will, Tinka. Yes, we will.

And Kelli my bodacious bud . . . sends me this nugget:

"All week long I've been so proud of myself for doing the MMEL thing with you. Piece of cake, I thought. And then that sounded so good, I'd actually eat one! And what's cake without ice cream? And what's ice cream without sprinkles and hot fudge sauce?
But then I realized I have actually done the EMML thing.
Dyslexia is dangerous."

It just cracked me up and then I had to admit to my mouth ordering a meat stromboli instead of a nice healthy salad . . . and yes, I ate it, every last gooey drop. But all in all, we three are doing our thing. These things take time. If we could lose weight overnight, the whole world would be emaciated and then of course some idiot would decide fat was 'in' and we would all be trying to gain weight. Hum, maybe I should wait until the pendulum swings . . . just kidding.

I'll just keep plodding along trying to move more and eating less . . . It's a good thing.



No comments: