Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pippin's great escape and other bodacious happenings . . .

Pippin is an outgoing soul. While Bear and Ninja hide upstairs when we have visitors, Pippin dances right out and chirps hello. She is fearless . . . not necessarily a good thing. Lately, she has become curious about the garage and sits at the door from the garage into the laundry room as soon as she hears the garage door go up. Given the chance, she peeks her head out and finally a couple of days ago, she actually tap danced a yard or two into the garage itself until spotted and shooed back into the house. At least the other two have the sense to be scared of the great outdoors.

This morning however, as the 9TS headed out to chat with the lawn service guy, something caught his attention and he paused for a moment with both the front door and the screen door ajar. He had just closed the front door behind him when he heard Katie wail. Looking down, he realized that little Pippin had slipped though both doors and was now outside looking terribly perplexed and trying desperately to get back into the house. He scooped her up, tossed her inside and up the stairs she flew. She has spent the rest of the day studiously avoiding the front door, afraid no doubt, that it will once again swallow her up. Silly beastie.

****************************

One of the 9TS's favorite meals is cod, baked in stewed herb tomatoes, served over mashed potatoes. I know, I know, it's not my idea of a culinary delight either and to avoid ingesting his masterpiece, I decided to make my own version. Enter two sheets of tinfoil, one tilapia, a thinly sliced potato, a couple of broccoli florets, three or four grape tomatoes, some slices of zucchini, seasonings and fresh lemon juice. Seal the packet, bake for 45 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan. At least now I have an alternative, and truthfully, it was quite yummy.

****************************

Today the 9TS and I celebrated our 14th anniversary. It comes so close on the heels of Christmas that we rarely make a big deal of it. Besides, every day these days, is cause for celebration. But you better believe it, I love being married to the 9TS. It really is a big deal.

****************************

Yoga classes started up again today. I was so happy to abuse my poor inflexible bones with full body twists, squats, balances and other oh so uncomfortable poses. Oh, yeah! If it weren't for the great company . . . yes Joanie and Lee, I am talking about you . . . I would have stayed warm and snug in my big old Tempur-pedic bed. Yes, I would.

***************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY TO YOU BOTH. You are right....everyday is a good day to celebrate!!

Hope Katie is feeling better today.

Pippin may be an "outgoing" soul but she ain't "going out" no mo!!!

Have a happy day.
Paula

Tinka said...

Happy Anniversary, Jeanne and Frank....wishing you many, many more!