Monday, January 17, 2011

brain age . . .

The other day, my daughter-in-law sent me this link. It's been quite awhile since I realized my short term memory is on the fritz. I have to write everything down and please don't read off a phone number and expect me to remember anything as simple as seven digits. It ain't gonna' happen. So whether or not you are frontally lobe challenged such as I, or your brain occasionally hiccups and leaves you stranded in front of the fridge wondering what the heck . . . humor me and give it a try.

The first time I tried it, I got a 58. So OK, my mental age is 4 years below my chronological age, that's not so bad, but my friends were coming in with scores in the 4os and they are in my age bracket. EEK

I blamed some of my loss on the fact that I can't move as fast using a track pad as I can using a mouse and tried again on my desk top. I got a little more reasonable score. Gee, I'm not competitive much. GAH! Then of course I had to try again and got a 38. I was really on a roll now and a happy camper until one of my friends mentioned that the better score might just have something to do with having taken the test three times. Sunk by reason of sanity. ACK!

So here's the challenge. Take the test and let me know how you fared. But you have to post your age too. I mean, my kidlet will probably score age appropriately since she is only 22 and still in college . . . her brain should be chugging on all cylinders. And if for some reason you are squeamish about posting your age, just fudge it but adjust your score using a valid ratio. No one will ever know.

So have I made your morning yet?

1 comment:

Sue said...

I scored a 49...and my age is above fitty but below yours! That last one was a killer for me! I scored a 96 brain age on it. Oy!