Thursday the 9TS, Kidlet and I headed on a day trip to Tampa for the last of the four Yervoy infusions or so we thought. They took one look at the very ragged sloth and admitted him. After eight hours of waiting for a bed, they got him situated only to whisk him off to radiology late at night to see if his brain was still where it was supposed to be.
It was, but it was doing stellar tricks. It wouldn't let the 9TS remember pass codes we'd used for years. It made him set the microwave for 1 hour and 49 minutes when it should have been 1 minute and 49 seconds . . . let me tell you, those heatable neck wraps made from natural grain reek like burned popcorn. I expected to see it fly around the room like an un-knotted helium balloon. Kaboom! Pop! He swore he saw our beasties. Let me assure you, all three were safely at home being spoiled rotten by Joanie.
And then they yanked him off his morphine. At 8:00 a.m. I sauntered into his room to find him one very unhappy sloth. In pain, exhausted, unfed, and miserable. The MRI turned out clear, no cancer there. YAY. I was determined his dosages were way too high. He has four new scripts and we are going to try for his last Yervoy again next week.
On the lighter side, Kidlet and I bedded down at a local establishment for weary travelers, unburdened their front desk of two tooth brushes, a razor, deodorant, shaving cream and the like. Kidlet had even had the foresight to bring her backpack that just happened to have an extra T and her meds. I on the other hand, had to call, like a lunatic, to my doctors back home to have my anti-crazy meds called in to a pharmacy near Moffitt. When I went to pick them up, I realized why they called this the crack district. They were issuing two soles out the door . . . who were apparently trying to purchase . . . under their shirt tails . . . more than their allotted amount of Sudafed, while another happy sole was jonesing in the parking lot and checking out everyone's purchases. After a quick get-a-way, I found an old gym T of the 9TS's in the trunk and off we trundled to bed. Who needs eye makeup and clean undies when you have your anti-crazy Meds!?!?!?
We are home now, a lot stressed. A lot tired. Mostly grumpy but nevertheless . . . HOME!!!
Thanks again, Joanie for holding down the fort. XOXOXO
Friday, August 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's times like this you shoulda called me. I could have brought you an overnight survival bag.
Glad you made the best of a bad situation and are back safely at the cave.
Younguys made it through another ordeal and your humor is remarkable! There's no place like home, so I'm glad that's where you are!
Post a Comment