Thursday, August 18, 2011

and so it goes . . .

Sunday:  2.86

Monday:  2.94

Tuesday:  3.51

Wednesday:  0.00  The 9TS had a doctor's appointment at 8:50 and so I took the day off!!!!

Thursday:   0.00   Instead, we got up at 4:00 a.m. and shuffled back to Moffitt in hopes of getting the 9TS his fourth and final Yervoy infusion.  And so we did.  But somehow, they scheduled a four hour break between his cutaneous appointment and his infusion and we were told when we arrived at the chemo clinic that we were too early.   You are the people who booked our 7:30 a.m. blood draw.  No?  But a really, and I mean, really, nice soul sent us to central booking and told us to ask if there was anything earlier and there WAS!!!   I told the keeper of THE book, that I could just hug her and she replied, "Good, I need a hug today."  and so we did.  What a lovely hug!!!!

On the way home, we had rutabaga problems and stopped at every rest stop in sight.   And a couple that weren't.   But just the way the 9TS's luck goes, the first exit we chose led to a toll road with nary a facility in sight.   I decided to pull the C card and it worked.  The nice man at the toll booth, told me to do an illegal u-turn, for which I could get a ticket but he was pretty sure the coast was clear . . . pay the second toll on the other side and then swing into their private facilities.  YAY!!!!  

We only stopped a bajillion more times on the way home but you know rutabagas, they have a mind of their own. 

Did I mention the infusions are OVER?????   They are!!!!  Finito!!!

We have an appointment in mid September for a CT scan and a meeting with Dr. K the following week.  Keep your fingers crossed please.  That's when we learn if this has all been worth it.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Poor Sloth-man. Stoopid rutabeggers (which is what my dad called them!)

At least the infusions are behind you. Hoping that now his body can begin to heal.

My fingers are still and will remain crossed!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know rutabaga worked from one extreme to the other. Bad,bad rutabaga!Glad the infusions are over.I have EVERYTHING crossed for you both. Sounds like last night was a "trip from hell."

WC

Anonymous said...

Always praying....always will be!!

Paula