Monday, August 22, 2011

soup to nuts . . .

Saturday 2.97

Sunday 4.39

Monday 2.33

Today's walk, being rather meager since we busted out Sunday and because we were looking forward to an off day lunch at La's . . . and no, there is absolutely no segue between those two thoughts . . .  and since we had just eaten there on Friday and will again next Friday, I decided . . . gasp . . . to order something other than my standard Turkey Caprese Sammie, which I so dearly love.  Today was Bistro Quesadilla day.  Another yummo, but still and all, not Caprese.  Sigh.

I think I forgot to share this little treat with you from last Friday . . . a cold berry soup:
This was so yummy and delicious that I thought perhaps it might be one of the few appealing things the 9TS finds palatable and brought him home a doggie bucket.   Not so.

And thus, speaking of my dear sloth, he is pretty much resigned to Boost, Ensure, watermelon, peaches and cantaloupe for the foreseeable future.  This is pretty hard on my little Italian 'Re', who would rather be feasting on pasta seven days a week.  I even made a cold tuna salad that he favors in hopes of appeasing his taste buds but fell flat once again.

Have you seen the weather report?  Have you shared it with Irene?  Have you told her to move East.   Please do.  I am not amused.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Poor Sloth. Hoping he can soon eat all those things he loves.

Looks like you may get some wind from Miss Irene. She seems to be going more "right" than they originally thought. Flingers crossed that she continues that right turn. We got more than our fair share in '04!