Friday, August 26, 2011

archipelagos and starfish, oh my . . .

Today was supposed to be yoga day but there was a sign on the door when we arrived that said the class was cancelled do to the hurricane.  Huh!?!!?  Yes, we have cloudy skies, yes we have gotten some rain from the feeder bands  . . .  but hurricane?!?!?  The decision maker is obviously not a Floridian. 

So instead, we called Nancy and asked if eating a bit earlier worked for her schedule and set off on a miniature shopping expedition before we descended upon La's.  The first shop we tried to hit always seems to be closed but Joanie had an alternative on hand  . . .  a nifty little shop called Elements of Design.  Every table had goodies artfully displayed.  Going was slow in order not to miss a thing.  I came away with a couple of gizmo's for the bathroom.  Everyone needs gizmos.  Mine turned out to be a sweet citrus smelling diffuser:  
 and a painted cast iron starfish:

Oh, and have I mentioned my new fascination with the Hipstamatic app for my iPhone?  Love, Love, Love it as evidenced above.

The prednisone seems to be helping the 9TS.   We even managed a little drive around in the gray goose.  I'll take every little tiny bit of improvement I can grab. 


1 comment:

Sue said...

Funny, I was thinking your bathroom suddenly looked a little jaundiced!

Yay for Sloths driving!