Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the slugs coming marching two by two . . .

Tuesday:  o.oo

Lest you think I'm becoming a slug, our regular yoga instructor is back from her usual summer hiatus and we were om-ing our hearts out for 90 minutes.  Nothing feels quite as good as leaving class rather boneless and well stretched.  I could have slept during final relaxation but I waited until I got home and took a three hour nap.  Priceless.

Wednesday:  o.oo 

OK, I am playing slug today.  It's so lovely not to crawl out of bed at 7:00 a.m., pull on my runners and pound the pavement in this boggy miasma of deep south summer.  I know I really should have, especially since Irene, although blessedly moving east, will still, no doubt, dump torrents of water our way, losing us several days of morning walking . . .  I am slug, hear me roar!!

Actually, I am beginning to worry about my slugdom status these days.  It has hit a new high or is that low?  Paper work is piled high on my desk, dust bunnies are once again taking over the house, scampering under beds, chairs and the refrigerator.  Ironing overflows on the ironing board which by now, has become a permanent fixture in the loft.  Sigh.  My iMac has been in residence for almost two months and I have yet to move the last of the data from my old Dell.  The cats look fearful as dinner time approaches.  Will she or won't she.  Rest assured little beasties, it's a definite yes, though I seem to be stuck in neutral.  While it has been suggested that it merely a side effect of dealing with our current situation regarding the 9TS, it makes me wonder if I can sink much lower. 

And speaking of the 9TS, last night was a rough one.  Whatever is going on in his lower regions hit epic proportions and we vacillated . . .  should we or should we not hit the ER.  Finally things calmed enough that the 9TS reached some modicum of comfort and we remained cave bound.  He is definitely sleeping in this morning.  Whooped and exhausted.

No comments: