Saturday, August 6, 2011

short and sweet . . .

4.12  we went out looking for garage sales.  Nada.  They are too smart to have garage sales in all this heat and humidity.  Not us.  Drip.  Drip.  Splat.

The 9TS had a rough night, last night and that is all I am going to say.  Well, that and DAMN it!!

I'm running to the used bookstore this morning.  I need to swap out some books so I have something to read while paddling around in the water.

and I will leave you with one of my favorite goodies for one of my favorite restaurants:


Flagler Fish Company Asiago Potatoes

12 red bliss potatoes
½ cup olive oil
12 roasted garlic cloves
10 large fresh basil leaves
8 ounces fresh Asiago cheese, grated
1 cup mayonnaise
Flagler Fish Company House seasoning.  (salt & pepper may be substituted).
paprika

Boil red bliss potatoes and cool in the refrigerator.  Once they are cooled, use a melon baller or teaspoon to scoop out a hole.

While potatoes are cooling, bring ½ cup of olive oil to a boil and place roasted garlic cloves in oil for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft.  Put roasted garlic cloves and basil leaves in your food processor and make a paste.  Place garlic mixture in a medium bowl and add the shredded Asiago cheese, mayonnaise and Flagler Fish Company house seasoning to taste.  Blend with a spoon until evenly mixed. 

Stuff the cooled potatoes with the cheese mixture and top with a sprinkle of paprika.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
 

No comments: