Monday, April 14, 2008

another trip to the vet . . .

Baby Bear has had a lump on his stomach for a while now. With Bru's loss still so prominent in every one's thoughts, I took BB to the vet today to get it checked out. Getting him there was a tussle. He who gladly crawled into the carrier and nested there 45 minutes before the appointment, wanted no part of it when the time came to go. We tried head first, feet first, coaxing, shoving, nothing worked, it was getting late and Frank had an appointment he had to keep so I decided to take BB uncaged. Bad idea, he scurried under the clutch and brake and refused to budge. Finally he popped out and into the open carrier on the seat all on his own. I think he sensed the futility of it all. Good boy.

Baby Bear has an umbilical hernia. It is small and sealed and will not harm anything. Just a little puddle of fat that got stuck in the closure when it sealed itself. Whew!!! Even the vet, went, "Easy one, he is fine!!" I don't think she wanted to see me a crying mess again. I did not handle losing Bru very well. Sigh.

Anywho, we are all home. Safe. Happy. BB has gone from 6 pounds to 13+. Time to drop the first B, I think.

Editor's Note: Even I have to roll my eyes at this post and wonder at my sanity.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Told you so! He's gonna be a BEAR!

Glad to hear he's OK.

Anonymous said...

So glad Bear is fine.

Kelli said...

I think you're perfectly sane! Of course I'm the girl who cries everytime she leaves Chelsea Grace at the vet for her shots, AND everytime I leave her home alone to go out of town! So I don't know how good a gauge of sanity I am! HA! I'm so very glad that Bear is ok! I know that dread you were feeling, and it's not fun.