Friday, April 4, 2008

Ed Ames - My Cup Runneth Over etc. (2007)

I am a child of the 50's . . well, in truth, born in the late 40's but that sounds so old.

Anyway, last night Frank and I were flicking channels and finding nothing, settled for flipping between a PBS 50's revival and America Chopper . . a little schizonphrenia . . . no biggie.

Ed Ames appeared singing My Cup Runneth Over . . . my goose bumps went into over drive. So this morning, there I am downloading the song from iTunes. I don't think I have heard the song since I married Frank some eleven odd years ago and this song so says it all.

P.S. There is a glitch in the video but hang in there and it will continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeanne,
Oh my gosh....I love that song. I also love the second song. It says "Try to remember the days of September when grass was green and the grain was yellow". Well, here in SC the GRASS is yellow! And the grain? Who the heck knows about any grain!!
GREAT POST. GREAT MEMORIES.
Loved it.
Paula