Friday, April 4, 2008
small blessings . . .
. . . most of you know I share my house with a lunatic. No, Katie, I am not referring to your father. . . . well, at least not in this case. Snoopy, my now oldest cat, came to us as a teenager from a feral colony in the woods behind the house. It took years to pet him, years more still to pick him up. He has never been a sedate cat . . . he is tense, nervous and jumpy. But he is also really sweet and at age eleven, will finally, of his own volition, come sit in my lap to be stroked. I love this beastie. But, truth be told, his rating at three different vet's offices reads: BAD. And yes, I guess it is deservedly so since he is officially blood brothers with two separate techs . . . but back to the story at hand . . . Yesterday, he woke up feeling punky. So punky in fact that for the very first time, I was able to cradle him to my chest. He was limp, hot, lethargic and would not eat. Getting him to the vet is a major production and hard on him and his already compromised nervous system, so Frank and I decided on a wait and see approach. Snoop hid most of the day, finally coming out in the early evening. A small mewl for a treat told us there was hope. And by midnight he was eating and drinking again. This morning he is his old cantankerous self. Hooray! Thank you Lord for prayers answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment