Wednesday, November 11, 2009

the british are coming . . .

well, in fact, they are not. At least not to my house. But that phrase always invokes a sense of urgency and urgency is what I feel. Katie announced at 1:30 a.m. last night that Ryan is coming tomorrow . . . meaning today. And as we all know, I don't clean unless we have guests. ACK! Not a lot of lead time to vacuum up three corrals full of steroidal dust bunnies . . . clean the kitchen the Mad Hatter has been moving to the next seat in for the last three months . . . wash the Mount Everest of clothes overwhelming the laundry room . . . erase the dust messages on the table tops that say, "clean me, please" left by the 9TS sometime last season.

And what am I doing about this crisis of mammoth proportions? Kvetching to you my dear readers, as the dust grows ever deeper. As I ponder, it seems I have several options. I could let my fingers do the walking and hire an industrial cleaning service . . . preferably one specializing in hazmat. I could get my buns in motion, drag out the Dyson "animal" I bought two years ago in a fit of dirt remorse but never used, and attempt to make a small dent in my entry for a Clean House episode. Or, I could simply consider Ryan family and not clean at all.

And we know which way I am leaning. Don't we?

2 comments:

joanieb147 said...

Well that was good for a laugh out loud!

Kelli said...

Well, I would suggest you haul out the Dyson Animal, if only for the purpose of the addiction it will cause.

But that might be counterproductive to everything else in your life. Next thing you know, you'll be posting that you have no time to blog, you simply MUST go vacuum again!

So I vote for the latter, also. I'd miss you too much.