I'm one of those scattered brained people who need lists to keep them on the straight and narrow, so while making out my shopping list for the week, thoughts of steaming bowls of white bean and ham soup popped in my brain and refused to leave. I started googling.
There are one heck of a lot of recipes out there for my leftover Honey Baked ham and some great northern beans. I stole a little from this, a little from that, added a lot more garlic and a splash of hot sauce and I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Stay tuned . . .
In the meantime, I am debating the merits of wearing my Uggs and dressing like Heidi for my foray down the aisles of Publix. Think anyone will notice?
SOUP UPDATE:
The goodies went from this:
to this:
and the result was not wonderful. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark. Anyone have a GOOD recipe for white bean soup?????
p.s. note to self: Self, do not let the 9TS persuade you to add tomatoes.
4 comments:
mmm I love ham and great northern beans, but I'm the only one in my family! Have a biiiiiiig bowl for me too. Are you making cornbread to go with it?
I doubt you'd be the only one in Uggs and Heidi outfit, it's COLD there!
WHAT??? 44 degrees where you live??? Well, welcome to my world...but first subtract about 17degrees!! Yep, 27 degrees tonight!! My new best friend is my longjohns. I wear them everyday (not THE same pair..LOL). Dave says I need to find a "support group" for longjohn addicts. "HI MY NAME IS PAULA AND I AM ADDICTED TO LONGJOHNS!!"
Here's my recipe.
Water. Ham bone. Beans. Salt. Pepper. Let it cook slow all the live-long day. Serve with onion slices in vinegar and cornbread. Yummmmmmm!
Make sure to open the windows after. Pretty soon, you won't be able to stand to stay in the same room with yourself!
add onion to what Sue does and that's what I do. Dried beans, not canned. Sorry it wasn't good!
Post a Comment