The 9TS and I went to see Armored, the movie, last night. Upon leaving, the 9TS announced that the protagonist didn't have to work hard enough for his dues. Huh? I think that was guy speak for not enough blood and guts.
My mother, back in the 50's use to pronounce any western barroom fight a success once the first table was flipped. (I wonder what she would have thought about The Housewives of New Jersey?) Me, I prefer Roadrunner heckling one beleaguered Wiley Coyote over and over again. Now there was good action.
So what makes you leave the theater, your heart beating faster and your adrenalin rising? What evokes the word: awesome?
I vote for Indiana Jones . . . all action with no spilled guts. I am not a fan of spilled guts. Spilled guts are gross.
The 9TS, on the other hand, loves a little blood and gore. He's all about Sylvester Stallone . . . If he could be an action hero, I think he'd be part Rocky, part Rambo. War movies are his thing. The more fighting, the better.
We both enjoyed Leonardo DeCaprio in Body of Lies and Blood Diamond, or Denzel Washington in The Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3. or Deja Vu, or American Gangster or Inside Man. or, OK, I admit it, just about any movie with Denzel Washington.
In truth, I will take a good action movie, sans the spilled guts, over a chick flick any day. What's your favorite?
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, yes, Denzel! Man on Fire is our fave. And I must admit, I do love Stallone, especially the First Blood movies.
I think the movie that got my heart racing the most was "Daylight" with Sylvester Stallone. I still freak out in tunnels because of it. And there was another one.......Cliffhanger maybe? That one made me curl my toes to hang on, lol.
From the next generation...
The recent Star Trek? EPIC awesomeness. Start to finish amazing action.
And of course there's the LoTR trilogy. Such large scale epic fight sequences. Plus, you know, the morals that are included in the story that make it more than just two fractions fighting for no reason.
=)
Post a Comment