FOR TODAY 1:29:2010 at Or Just Me
Outside my window: the world is warming up. The sky is seeping blue among the clouds. It's bright and gorgeous and I am so thankful to have a window from which to peek.
I am thinking: how sad it is that J.D. Salinger passed away. He was my favorite recluse ever. He has left behind a legacy of words for all ages.
I am thankful for: the return of good health, weight loss, fuzzy animals and a good nights sleep.
From the kitchen: I can see the Christmas cactus leaves strewn all over the floor. Bear, it seems, likes to gnaw on the poor plant. A new home must be found for the poor cacti before it is devoid of all foliage.
I am wearing: oops, the same exact thing I was wearing last week: an old pair of the 9TS's flannel black and white checked pj bottoms and a black comfy shirt. Bare toes. Never fear, I will soon hop in the shower and get cleaned up . . . . and yes, they have been through the washer several times in the last week.
I am creating: a new camera strap cover. See post below.
I am going: to dinner at Carrabba's tonight. I so missed last week's Friday night meal. A side of spaghetti and a cup of minestrone sounds perfect, oh and warm bread and wine. Must not forget the wine.
I am reading: Nie Nie Dialogues. Such an amazingly strong soul. Such faith. I am in awe of this child.
I am feeling: a little overwhelmed at all the things that need catching up. Gulp.
I am wondering: What life would have been like had I been a little less hedonistic and a little more practical?
Around the house: the cat hair has reached such a volume that I am expecting a new litter to appear any second. The kitchen floor is now growing its own vegetables. I can write messages on the table tops. The bills need to be paid. I need to get in motion.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ever wonder where the Canada air goes when it leaves Canada? Well, I can tell you....it's at MY house!! Brrrr...snow tonight & tomorrow...4-6 inches expected. Won't get above freezing tomorrow. THANKS, CANADA. Thanks alot.
Enjoy your warm balmy weather & do me a favor, please. Check the Florida border & see if they are still letting people back in!!
Paula
I can promise you that it won't be warm there tomorrow!! We had snowflakes today! And this time I didn't say ONE WORD to Mother Nature, so blame someone else! ;o)
Post a Comment