makes the mind wander. And when you have an already strange mind, the places it goes are, well, strange.
*High fructose corn syrup, hereby referred to as the wolf in sheep's clothing, is being blamed for obesity. It seems that unlike cane or beet sugar, it neglects to tell some little something-0r-other called Leptin that we are now full. Stop eating. And so we keep gorging. It also seems that once you mix WISC and fat/butter, once again the message is . . . keep eating until you waddle. At the grocery store this morning I was looking for a fat free salad dressing. There are a ton of them. And the very first ingredient after water is . . . WISC. I think I'm making my own dressing from now on. Oh and by the way. WISC lurks in mustard, catchup and fat-free yogurt. Burp!
*There seems to be a rule. Thirty minutes after you finish your third coat of Pink Crystalline, you are going to stub your toe and break a nail. Want ten broken toe nails? Keep painting girls!
*Making my own Christmas cards was not on the agenda this year. I decided instead that I would make New Year's cards. That didn't fly either. Valentine's cards would not work for the majority of folks on my list. Sort of inappropriate to send to my step-brother, banker or vet . . . although I do adore my vet. St. Patrick's? Easter? Memorial Day? Maybe Memorial Day . . . in memory of the cards that never went out. Hoping that one day soon a spurt of creativity will hit and little goodies will appear in select mailboxes throughout the US and Canada. Sigh!
*If you stay up late enough, the cats seem to think they are entitled to be fed a third time. Ninja just looks longingly into your eyes and salivates . . . leaving a small wet puddle on the flannel sheets. Bear is a little more forceful. He wanders over and nudges my head . . . chews on my hair and licks my neck. Snoop is the vocal one. He has a rather large vocabulary and a very definite "feed me now" cry. It's a virtual three ring circus. No wonder I can't sleep!
*You wonder if you'll ever learn the proper use of the apostrophe.
Enough! I'm off to la la land. Hopefully!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Perhaps it's not your insomnia, but some WISC in the kitty food...
Post a Comment